Welcome to Next Big Thing Publishing! This site is the result of multiple past attempts at building a brand around my writing and board game hobbies. As I build this page, I’m planning on taking a multifaceted approach using Twitch streaming, YouTube, Podcast, while also consistently blogging about my experiences, my wins, losses, etc. My hopes for this page is that that by the end of the first year, I’ll have completed one or two of my ongoing projects and be publishing them under this brand.

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Jail Break! - Board Gamed - Overview

 

JAILBREAK! is a semi-cooperative game for 2-4 players between the ages 8 & infinity.

In JAILBREAK! your goal is to, well, break out of jail (I know right?!). Each time you play, will be a unique experience with a different shaped board, route, room locations, and escape points. However, it’s not as easy as just moving from point A to point B, before you can escape, you have to gather contraband to assist you in your grand scheme. Also there are triggers that can either boost you forward or send you back to your cell.

Each inmate has their own punny names, and unique skills/traits that could give you the edge

The game play and board design is reminiscent of old school RTS video games (Warcraft I, II, & III, Command and Conquer, StarCraft, etc.) where you have a ‘fog of war’ type effect, meaning you don’t know the routes, or see the whole board as you’re going. To reach your goal of escaping, you have to explore the jail and find the locations where you can gather the necessary items, and then make your way to the escape point. Meanwhile your fellow players are doing the same thing, and building upon the same map that you are. Will you be the first one to escape?